Graduate Consultant – Solar
If you recently graduated or you’re in your final year, graduating later this spring and are looking for that first great opportunity – Here’s your chance!
Everoze is an employee-owned technical and commercial energy consultancy, specialising in renewables, storage and wider energy flexibility. We work across geographies and technologies, for the private sector and for government. We’re looking for a graduate solar engineer to join our team in Bristol.
- Real impact at the cutting edge of energy: We work with some of the biggest brands in the sector, we’re called into government to share our views and we’re regularly asked to share our thought leadership at the sector’s top conferences. You’ll be at the heart of this: conducting the analysis which informs our clients’ major investment and policy decisions.
- A fast-growth environment. We set up shop with 6 partners in September 2015. Now we’re 50 strong and counting, based across the UK, France, Spain and Germany. At a time when many renewable businesses are cutting back due to a tough policy environment, we see an opportunity to do things differently – and our clients are liking it. We’re hungry to make a positive impact on the energy sector, and that means growth.
- The flattest of flat organisations: Let’s be upfront: if you thrive on hierarchy and structure, Everoze isn’t the company for you. But if you are looking for a work environment where the strength of your ideas are valued as much as your years of experience, then welcome home. You’ll be given the freedom and autonomy to shape your own career; it’s not for everyone, and with freedom comes responsibility – but we sure enjoy the buzz of owning our own careers.
- The team works: Goodbye departmental silos! We get our offshore wind experts working on energy storage, our UK team working on French projects, our onshore wind specialists branching into solar. It keeps things fresh for us and more importantly, spurs the creative cross-fertilisation of ideas which helps us deliver unique insights and value to our clients.
- Top-notch mentorship: Most of us at Everoze have been in the renewables and energy business for well over a decade, and some of us have previously led large teams and business units. We’d love to share some of this experience, through assigning you an internal mentor to help guide your professional development. And we hope that you can return the favour by offering some feedback for us too, because whether you’ve got 3 months experience, or 30 years, we’ve all got more to learn.
What you will be doing
You’ll be starting as a graduate solar engineer within Everoze, primarily providing a wide range of technical and commercial consultancy services to solar project developers, investors, lenders or operators mainly in the UK & Ireland, but also supporting our other core markets in France, Spain and Germany as well as other markets from time to time. Specific activities will include:
- Conducting technical and commercial due diligence in the solar PV sector in supporting roles which include review of specific aspects and performance calculations;
- Supporting owners engineering services during construction phase such as initial due diligence, design review and construction monitoring;
- Support during PAC / IAC / FAC including accompanying team members carrying out site inspection, performance calculation and verification of plant completeness in line with contract, design and applicable regulation requirements;
- Supporting operational monitoring services including reviewing operational project O&M reports, data analysis to assess performance and operational issues, risk quantification and mitigation identification;
- Supporting team members across multiple projects and liaising with all parties to include but not limited to: owners, lenders, investors, EPC contractors, O&M contractors, asset managers and subcontractors.
Everoze works across multiple technologies and there is potential to specialise in your areas of interest or to broaden expertise into different technologies: we encourage you to learn from and work with us to develop your career.
We would like to hear from you if you meet the following requirements
- You share our core beliefs of entrepreneurship, partnership and quality;
- You want to work in an open non-hierarchical environment;
- You are self-motivated and take charge in developing your career;
- You want to use your skills to change our energy system for the better.
Core technical skills and qualifications required for the role
- MEng Engineering degree, or similar;
- Understanding and motivation to learn about energy production assessments, resource databases and simulation tools;
- Comfortable working on projects with evolving scopes, in the context of competing priorities;
- Able to manage concurrent & different tasks and prioritise work load;
- Comfortable working at pace and to tight deadlines;
- Capable of determining commercial implications of technical risks;
- Able to write clear, concise and accurate reports in English;
- Strong organizational, networking & personal skills;
- Good knowledge of the technical due diligence process and competence for individual subject tasks;
- Field experience of solar projects (audits, construction monitoring);
- Experience in or knowledge of other European and worldwide markets;
- Additional language skills (desirable: Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Italian, Finnish).
We are a customer-centric business, therefore flexible-working and agile-thinking are crucial. It is important everyone at Everoze contributes to building the company’s capabilities in the rapidly changing energy market.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date 30th April 2019.