Senior Consultant – Solar
Everoze is an employee-owned technical and commercial energy consultancy, specialising in clean energy, renewables, energy storage and flexibility. We work across geographies and technologies, for the private sector and governments. We’re excited to be hiring for new roles within our team; this specific posting is for a senior consultant in the solar PV sector. The position is open for our offices in the UK (Bristol and Fife).
You will be a senior solar specialist within Everoze primarily providing a wide range of technical and commercial consultancy services to solar project developers, investors, lenders or operators mainly in the UK & Ireland, but also supporting our other core markets in France, Spain and Germany as well as other markets from time to time. Specific activities will include:
- Conducting technical and commercial due diligence in the solar PV sector – both as a project manager and in supporting roles which include review of specific aspects, performance calculations and site inspections;
- Project managing owners engineering services during construction phase such as initial due diligence, design review, construction monitoring and on-site testing;
- Managing PAC / IAC / FAC including undertaking site inspection, performance calculation and verification of plant completeness in line with contract, design and applicable regulation requirements;
- Managing operational monitoring services including reviewing operational project O&M reports, data analysis to assess performance and operational issues, risk quantification and mitigation identification;
- Managing multiple projects utilising internal and external resources and liaising with all parties to include but not limited to: owners, lenders, investors, EPC contractors, O&M contractors, asset managers and subcontractors;
- Performing contract review and drafting support for typical solar PV sector contracts with particular attention to the technical schedules, including but not limited to: EPC, O&M, asset management, PPA and grid connection agreements;
- Carrying-out business development with existing and new clients and lead/support in the development/enhancement of new solar services; and
- Developing and mentoring junior consultants.
Everoze works across multiple technologies and there is potential to specialise in your areas of interest or to broaden expertise into different technologies: we encourage you to take ownership of your career.
We would like to hear from you if you meet the following requirements
- You share our core beliefs of entrepreneurship, partnership and quality;
- You want to work in an open non-hierarchical environment;
- You are self-motivated and take charge in developing your career;
- You want to use your skills to change our energy system for the better.
Core technical skills and qualifications required for the role
- MEng Engineering degree, or similar;
- More than 5 years of technical experience in solar PV sector, specifically in UK and Europe;
- Deep technical and commercial knowledge of design, construction and operation of solar PV plants to include the following aspects: solar technology, electrical design and components, planning, grid connection, resource assessment, performance analysis, and operation;
- Experience in managing technical due diligence for owners and lenders for utility-scale ground-mounted and rooftop solar PV plant plus domestic rooftop portfolios;
- On-site experience, ideally from an EPC or O&M provider background or from performance of a large number of detailed site inspections within the UK.
- Experience in managing and performing PAC / IAC / FAC and wider operational monitoring;
- Experience in contract review and drafting support for typical solar PV sector contracts with particular attention to the technical schedules, including but not limited to: EPC, O&M, asset management, PPA and grid connection agreements;
- Able to carry out energy production assessments based on meteorological resources databases and state of the art simulation tools (e.g. PVSyst).
Soft skills which are required for the position:
- Comfortable working on projects with evolving scopes, in the context of competing priorities;
- Capable of determining commercial implications of technical risks;
- Track record of developing and building lasting client relationships;
- Able to manage concurrent & different tasks and prioritise work load;
- Comfortable working at pace and to tight deadlines;
- Able to write clear, concise and accurate reports in English;
- Native/fluent in English.
- Strong organizational, networking & personal skills;
- Familiar in dealing with financial institutions;
- Electrical engineering background;
- Commercial awareness with ability to dive into the detail when necessary;
- Experience in other European and worldwide markets;
- Additional language skills (desirable: Spanish, French, Portuguese, German and Italian).
We are willing to consider less experienced candidates with an exceptional track record and potential.
We are a customer-centric business, therefore flexible-working and agile-thinking are crucial. It is important everyone at Everoze contributes to building the company’s capabilities in the rapidly changing energy market.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including
- Concise CV
- Covering letter describing yourself and your motivations in applying for a position with Everoze. Please also clearly state your right to live and work in the UK.
Closing date 31 August 2018