Senior Consultant – Solar
Everoze is an employee-owned technical and commercial energy consultancy, specialising in renewables, storage and wider energy flexibility. We work across geographies and technologies, for the private sector and for government. We’re excited to be hiring for a new role within our team; this specific posting is for a senior consultant in the solar PV sector. The position is open for any of our offices (Bristol, Scotland, Madrid, Paris or Lyon).
- Real impact at the cutting edge of energy: We work with some of the biggest brands in the sector, we’re called into government to share our views and we’re regularly asked to share our thought leadership at the sector’s top conferences. You’ll be at the heart of this: conducting the analysis which informs our clients’ major investment and policy decisions.
- A fast-growth environment. We set up shop with 6 partners in September 2015. Now we’re 50 strong and counting, based across the UK, France, Spain and Germany. At a time when many renewable businesses are cutting back due to a tough policy environment, we see an opportunity to do things differently – and our clients are liking it. We’re hungry to make a positive impact on the energy sector, and that means growth.
- The flattest of flat organisations: Let’s be upfront: if you thrive on hierarchy and structure, Everoze isn’t the company for you. But if you are looking for a work environment where the strength of your ideas are valued as much as your years of experience, then welcome home. You’ll be given the freedom and autonomy to shape your own career; it’s not for everyone, and with freedom comes responsibility – but we sure enjoy the buzz of owning our own careers.
- The team works: Goodbye departmental silos! We get our offshore wind experts working on energy storage, our UK team working on French projects, our onshore wind specialists branching into solar. It keeps things fresh for us and more importantly, spurs the creative cross-fertilisation of ideas which helps us deliver unique insights and value to our clients.
- Top-notch mentorship: Most of us at Everoze have been in the renewables and energy business for well over a decade, and some of us have previously led large teams and business units. We’d love to share some of this experience, through assigning you an internal mentor to help guide your professional development. And we hope that you can return the favour by offering some feedback for us too, because whether you’ve got 3 months experience, or 30 years, we’ve all got more to learn.
What you’ll be doing
You will be a senior solar specialist within Everoze primarily providing a wide range of technical and commercial consultancy services to solar project developers, investors, lenders or operators mainly in the UK & Ireland, but also supporting our other core markets in France, Spain and Germany as well as other markets from time to time. Specific activities will include:
- Conducting technical and commercial due diligence in the solar PV sector – both as a project manager and in supporting roles which include review of specific aspects, performance calculations and site inspections;
- Project managing owners engineering services during construction phase such as initial due diligence, design review, construction monitoring and on-site testing;
- Managing PAC / IAC / FAC including undertaking site inspection, performance calculation and verification of plant completeness in line with contract, design and applicable regulation requirements;
- Managing operational monitoring services including reviewing operational project O&M reports, data analysis to assess performance and operational issues, risk quantification and mitigation identification;
- Managing multiple projects utilising internal and external resources and liaising with all parties to include but not limited to: owners, lenders, investors, EPC contractors, O&M contractors, asset managers and subcontractors;
- Performing contract review and drafting support for typical solar PV sector contracts with particular attention to the technical schedules, including but not limited to: EPC, O&M, asset management, PPA and grid connection agreements;
- Carrying-out business development with existing and new clients and lead/support in the development/enhancement of new solar services; and
- Developing and mentoring junior consultants.
Everoze works across multiple technologies and there is potential to specialise in your areas of interest or to broaden expertise into different technologies: we encourage you to take ownership of your career.
We would like to hear from you if you meet the following requirements
- You share our core beliefs of entrepreneurship, partnership and quality;
- You want to work in an open non-hierarchical environment;
- You are self-motivated and take charge in developing your career;
- You want to use your skills to change our energy system for the better.
Core technical skills and qualifications required for the role
- MEng Engineering degree, or similar;
- More than 5 years of technical experience in solar PV sector, specifically in UK and Europe;
- Deep technical and commercial knowledge of design, construction and operation of solar PV plants to include the following aspects: solar technology, electrical design and components, planning, grid connection, resource assessment, performance analysis, and operation;
- Experience in managing technical due diligence for owners and lenders for utility-scale ground-mounted and rooftop solar PV plant plus domestic rooftop portfolios.
- On-site experience, ideally from an EPC or O&M provider background or from performance of a large number of detailed site inspections within the UK.
- Experience in managing and performing PAC / IAC / FAC and wider operational monitoring;
- Experience in contract review and drafting support for typical solar PV sector contracts with particular attention to the technical schedules, including but not limited to: EPC, O&M, asset management, PPA and grid connection agreements;
- Able to carry out energy production assessments based on meteorological resources databases and state of the art simulation tools (e.g. PVSyst);
- Electrical engineering background.
Soft skills required for the position:
- Comfortable working on projects with evolving scopes, in the context of competing priorities;
- Capable of determining commercial implications of technical risks;
- Track record of developing and building lasting client relationships;
- Able to manage concurrent & different tasks and prioritise work load;
- Comfortable working at pace and to tight deadlines;
- Able to write clear, concise and accurate reports in English;
- Native/fluent in English.
- Strong organizational, networking & personal skills;
- Familiar in dealing with financial institutions;
- Commercial awareness with ability to dive into the detail when necessary;
- Experience in other European and worldwide markets;
- Additional language skills (desirable: Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Italian, Finnish).
We are willing to consider less experienced candidates with an exceptional track record and potential.
We are a customer-centric business, therefore flexible-working and agile-thinking are crucial. It is important everyone at Everoze contributes to building the company’s capabilities in the rapidly changing energy market.
Send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date 30th April 2019