Senior Consultant – Wind resource and energy assessment
Everoze is an employee-owned technical and commercial energy consultancy, specialising in renewables, storage and wider energy flexibility. We work across geographies and technologies, for the private sector and for government. We’re excited to be hiring for a new role within our team; this specific posting is for a senior consultant in the onshore and offshore wind sectors. The position is open for any of our UK offices (Bristol, Fife or Glasgow).
- Real impact at the cutting edge of energy: We work with some of the biggest brands in the sector, we’re called into government to share our views and we’re regularly asked to share our thought leadership at the sector’s top conferences. You’ll be at the heart of this: conducting the analysis which informs our clients’ major investment and policy decisions.
- A fast-growth environment. We set up shop with 6 partners in September 2015. Now we’re 50 strong and counting, based across the UK, France, Spain and Germany. At a time when many renewable businesses are cutting back due to a tough policy environment, we see an opportunity to do things differently – and our clients are liking it. We’re hungry to make a positive impact on the energy sector, and that means growth.
- The flattest of flat organisations: Let’s be upfront: if you thrive on hierarchy and structure, Everoze isn’t the company for you. But if you are looking for a work environment where the strength of your ideas are valued as much as your years of experience, then welcome home. You’ll be given the freedom and autonomy to shape your own career; it’s not for everyone, and with freedom comes responsibility – but we sure enjoy the buzz of owning our own careers.
- The team works: Goodbye departmental silos! We get our offshore wind experts working on energy storage, our UK team working on French projects, our onshore wind specialists branching into solar. It keeps things fresh for us and more importantly, spurs the creative cross-fertilisation of ideas which helps us deliver unique insights and value to our clients.
- Top-notch mentorship: Most of us at Everoze have been in the renewables and energy business for well over a decade, and some of us have previously led large teams and business units. We’d love to share some of this experience, through assigning you an internal mentor to help guide your professional development. And we hope that you can return the favour by offering some feedback for us too, because whether you’ve got 3 months experience, or 30 years, we’ve all got more to learn.
What you will be doing
Your work will be mainly technical consultancy services for project developers, investors, lenders or operators in any of our markets to inform turbine siting, turbine suitability and energy production. Specific activities will include:
- Conducting wind resource and energy production assessments for both planned and operational wind farms (or portfolios of wind farms) – both as a project manager and in supporting roles; this will include site visits, wind data checking and processing, statistical and long-term analysis, wind flow modelling, wake modelling, assessment of energy losses, and uncertainty analysis;
- Undertaking site conditions assessments which include elements of the above but also consideration of extreme wind speed, ambient and wake induced turbulence intensity, wind shear, and other meteorological parameters;
- Reviewing operational project data and O&M reports and in combination with techniques derived from the above, assess future energy production of the wind farm or of extensions to the wind farm; Each type of assessment will culminate in an expert report.
- Managing multiple projects utilising internal and external resources;
- Developing our tools and methods to bring continuous improvements to the accuracy and efficiency of our work;
- Supporting and gaining exposure to Everoze other core activities, in Due Diligence on Demand, and strategic advice;
- Carrying-out business development to build client relationships and win work.
There is potential to broaden your job specification, for instance, but not limited to, the same assessments for solar PV projects, or specialise in your areas of interest: we encourage you to take ownership of your career.
We would like to hear from you if you meet the following requirements:
- You share our core beliefs of entrepreneurship, partnership and quality;
- You want to work in an open non-hierarchical environment;
- You are self-motivated and take charge in developing your career;
- You want to use your skills to change our energy system for the better.
Essential skills and qualifications
- MEng or BEng, or equivalent, in Engineering or Physics;
- At least 5 years of experience in performing wind resource and energy production assessments, including offshore projects;
- Experience with wind resource and energy production measurements, tools, software and methodologies;
- Commercial awareness with ability to dive into the detail when necessary;
- Comfortable working on projects with evolving scopes, in the context of competing priorities;
- Capable of developing and building lasting client relationships;
- Able to develop tools in Excel, SQL, Phython, or MatLab;
- Able to write clear, concise and accurate reports in English;
- Native/fluent in English.
We are a customer-centric business therefore flexible working and agile thinking are crucial. It is important everyone at Everoze contributes to building the company’s capabilities in the rapidly changing energy market.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date 31st March 2019.