Senior Consultant(s) – Renewables in Spain
Everoze is a technical and commercial energy consultancy, specialising in renewables and energy storage. We work across geographies and technologies, for the private sector and for governments.
We are on the look-out for exceptional and experienced individuals to grow our presence in the Spanish and Portuguese market, building on Everoze’s early project success. This is with a view to ultimately support the company in building a small local team.
You will be a doer-seller, providing technical and commercial consultancy services in solar, onshore wind and storage markets for project investors, lenders, developers, owners and other stakeholders. Working closely with international colleagues, you will focus on opportunities within Spain and Portugal, but will also undertake work for projects located in Western Europe and potentially further afield as needed. Specific activities will include:
- Acting as local ambassador for Everoze in Spain and Portugal, developing relationships with local partners and subcontractors, and tracking market developments. This will include business development to build client relationships and win work;
- Conducting technical and commercial due diligence as independent engineer – as a project manager and in supporting roles;
- Providing bespoke owner’s engineer services, undertaking construction monitoring, providing strategic support, reviewing operational projects, O&M reports and data;
- Managing multiple projects, utilising internal and external resources – including having ownership over budget and profitability of projects;
- Driving the growth of Everoze in Spain and Portugal – making suggestions on how to develop Everoze’s business and helping put it into practice.
There is potential to specialise in your areas of interest and to broaden your expertise into different technologies: we encourage you to take ownership of your career.
We would like to hear from you if you meet the following requirements:
- Ethos: You share our core beliefs of entrepreneurship, partnership and quality, and you want to use your skills to change our energy system for the better.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial minded: You want to find new solutions to real-life problems for our clients – and wish to develop our business in new directions.
- Customer-centric: You emphasise flexible-working and agile-thinking, understanding its importance in the rapidly changing energy market.
- Keen to play detective: You’re good at asking questions beginning with “if” and considering the associated likelihood and consequences for a project.
Essential skills and qualifications
- Natural at building relationships: You have a strong existing local network and a talent for building bridges with others – whether they are partners, subcontractors or clients.
- Spanish focus with a global perspective: You have significant experience managing or working in renewable energy projects (solar and/or wind) in development or construction phase, in both the technical and commercial aspects, in Spain and Portugal. You feel well-placed to provide support to both local and international clients in assessing and quantifying risks at existing or planned projects.
- Familiar with financial institutions and project financing: You have experience of working with financial institutions and have a good understanding of the perspective of lenders and investors.
- Communication savviness: Getting to a position is just half the story, you’re great at explaining what is behind your conclusion. You’re able to write clear, concise and accurate reports in Spanish and English and to work collaboratively with colleagues and partners across the globe.
- Strong, relevant degree: Whilst most of us are engineers, we have a pinch of economics/policy and physics backgrounds as well and we will consider applicants from a range of relevant degree programmes.
- Language skills: Spanish and English professional level. Additional languages, such as Portuguese and Italian will be of added value.
Additional desirable skills:
- Deep technical expertise: Deep technical experience in local Spanish and Portuguese project requirements (e.g. grid connection process, planning permission, electrical and structural design aspects).
- Storage and flexibility: Experience in battery storage; knowledge of system services provided by Red Eléctrica and of electrical market structure managed by OMIE.
Whilst Madrid is the preferred location, Everoze is flexible on location within Spain.
Closing date: 30 June 2018
Please send your CV and a covering letter in English, clearly stating that you have the right to live and work in Spain, to email@example.com