Administrator & Bookkeeper
Everoze is an employee-owned technical and commercial consultancy, specialising in renewables, storage and wider energy flexibility. We exist to help our clients accelerate the transition to a decarbonised energy system.
We’re excited to be hiring for an administrator & bookkeeper for our office in Bristol.
Package: Salary: £19-22k, company pension scheme and annual profit share
Deadline for applications: Sunday 28 February 2021
Interviews: Early March
Start date: Flexible
You will be working closely with the existing support team and will be in regular contact with the partners all across the business to facilitate the smooth running of the business. The role is split approximately 50:50 between bookkeeping and more general administrative support as summarised with example activities below:
Bookkeeping for our UK and Spanish businesses including;
- Processing purchase invoices (tracking, posting and setting up payments)
- Processing sales invoices and credit notes (tracking, posting and reconciling payments)
- Tracking payments received and assisting follow up for overdue payments
- Processing employee expenses
- Tracking fixed assets
- Making international withholding tax reclaims
- VAT reconciliations and checking
General administrative support for the Bristol office and Everoze staff more widely including;
- Managing the Bristol office post and companywide general contact email inbox
- Managing and purchasing Bristol office supplies and processing all office bills received
- Non-technical proof reading, formatting documents, filing and other administrative tasks
- Completing supplier/vendor registrations
- Organising travel requirements for Everoze colleagues either independently or through our agents
- Supporting the organisation of companywide meetings
- Supporting the sourcing of new IT hardware
- Managing UK mobile phone contracts and adding new users
There are likely to be additional responsibilities added to the role as new opportunities arise and the company grows. There will also be opportunities to support some of the commercial project work the company is providing.
The role is full-time (37.5 hours per week)
We would like to hear from you if you meet the following requirements:
- You share our core beliefs of entrepreneurship, partnership and quality;
- You want to use your skills to change our energy system for the better.
Essential skills and qualifications
- Proven numerical aptitude and analytical thinker
- Completed AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting Level 2 or equivalent
- Comfortable working it Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams
- Comfortable working autonomously but with interest and aptitude to understand what the company does and support commercial engagements where appropriate
- Diligence to complete tasks to strict deadlines and high levels of accuracy
- Able to manage concurrent & varied tasks and prioritise workload
- Comfortable reaching out to companywide staff to discuss and solve issues
- Open to travel nationally and abroad for company-wide meetings
- Native/Full professional proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Bookkeeping experience
- Further accounting/bookkeeping studies
- Admin experience
- Familiarity with Xero and Kimble
- Basic Spanish and/or any other European language skills
- Understanding of how a consulting business functions
- An interest in renewable energy
We are a customer-centric business, therefore flexible-working and agile-thinking are crucial for every employee. It is important everyone at Everoze contributes to building the company’s capabilities in the rapidly changing energy market.
To apply, please go to the Applied recruitment platform following this link.