Internship – Wind Energy Analysis Engineer
We’re excited to be hiring for an Intern in our Paris office, to work alongside our experienced team of industry professionals in the onshore wind domain, and potentially across other domains in solar, onshore wind and wider energy systems. This position could become permanent.
Deadline for applications: 28 February 2023
Location: Paris 9ème
Hours: full-time standard office hours (35h per week)
Start date: Flexible
Duration: 4 – 6 months, renewal possible
Everoze is an employee-owned consultancy, specialising in renewables (PV, wind, green hydrogen, storage and wider energy flexibility). Our unique strength is bridging the gap between the technical and the commercial. We exist to help our clients accelerate the transition to a decarbonised energy system.
We’re a team of 80 consultants who are flexible, experienced and interdisciplinary. We have offices in the UK, France, Spain, Italy, Portugal & Germany, and we’re active in energy markets across the world.
What makes us unique is that we value our team members by giving them the freedom and autonomy to shape their careers and develop individually, thanks to a cross-functional organisation without hierarchy. Flexibility is our keyword!
Your main role will be to work on R&D projects related to our onshore wind services in France.
The objective is to analyse data from hundreds of wind farms reviewed by Everoze (main technical characteristics, energy yield, performance, production, monthly availability, OPEX etc.) in order to validate our internal assumptions and benchmarks.
More specifically, you will work on our energy production assessments validation (comparison between the expected pre-construction production and the actual production of the wind farms). However, other subjects could be covered during the internship, for example:
- Generate energy production maps;
- Create benchmarks on key technical due diligence topics (OPEX, availability);
- Generate automatic long-term production indices;
- Make some of our tools and deliverables available on a web platform.
Programming skills (Python) will be required for this work. We will appreciate your proactivity and listen to your proposals on the approaches to be adopted, the methods to be implemented and the subjects to be covered during your internship.
The output of this work will be a paper containing a synthesis of the analysis carried out and the main conclusions. This paper will be published and presented at events, meetings with clients etc.
Depending on the duration of your internship and the state of progress, you could be working on commercial projects: conducting wind resource analysis and energy production assessments, reviewing operational reports and analysing operational data to estimate the performance of the projects, technical due diligence including assessment of risks which could result in deviations from the project or portfolio financial model and proposal of mitigation measures, in particular, on energy production figures, on project timeframes, on CAPEX or OPEX etc.
In these tasks, you will work with different people from the Everoze team in France but also with colleagues from other teams.
We would like to hear from you, especially if you have
- Analytical ability: You enjoy and have an aptitude for Excel and coding (Python, SQL);
- Passion to be part of the energy transition: The energy sector is in transition; you want to speed this up;
- Hunger to develop and learn: You want to use the knowledge from your degree to date and to develop a broader set of skills during your internship;
- Free thinking: You love the intellectual thrill of working to your own solution but also the team-bonding that comes from interactive problem-solving.
Core technical skills and qualifications required for the role
- Final year of a Master’s degree in Engineering, Engineering School or similar;
- Fluent in French and English (spoken and written);
- Knowledge of Python (essential). Experience in databases (SQL) or Machine Learning would be a plus;
- Analytical and communication skills;
- Ability to write clear, precise and concise reports in English.
Everoze embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Subject of the email: “Internship onshore wind France”;
- Clear confirmation of your right to live and work in France.