Junior Consultant – Solar PV
Everoze is an employee-owned technical and commercial consultancy accelerating the transition to a net-zero energy system. We listen carefully to our clients, partnering with them to make projects, companies, and technologies financeable and future-system focused. Our team is skilled, agile, and cohesive. We deliver projects with positive impact, high quality, and high margin. We are excited to be hiring for a new role within our team; this specific posting is for a junior consultant in the solar PV sector.
Package: Competitive package including pension scheme, profit share and route into company ownership.
Deadline for applications: 31 May 2021
Location: The position is open for our office in Lyon, France.
Real impact at the cutting edge of energy: We are committed to accelerating the transition to a net-zero energy system. We work with some of the most influential players in the sector to achieve this and regularly find ourselves working on projects that push the technical and commercial boundaries of clean energy. You’ll be at the heart of this: providing the analysis and judgement which inform our clients’ major investment and policy decisions.
Exposure to a wide range of projects and clients: As a thriving consultancy business Everoze works for clients ranging from multinational banks to community energy groups. You will be exposed to the wide range of projects financed and developed by these clients, taking in different approaches to challenges, risks, and solutions at each turn.
A fast-growth environment: We set up shop with 6 partners in September 2015. Now we’re 55 strong and counting, based across the UK, France, Spain, Italy and Germany. We are entrepreneurial recently creating three new organisations: Quaybridge, LiveDiligence and Skyray, and acquiring 50% of Brightwind.
The flattest of flat organisations: Let’s be upfront: if you thrive on hierarchy and structure, Everoze is not the company for you. But if you are looking for a work environment where the strength of your ideas are valued as much as your years of experience, then you’re looking in the right place. You will be given the freedom and autonomy to shape your own career; it’s not for everyone, and with freedom comes responsibility – but for the right people owning your own career will allow you to thrive.
The team works: Say goodbye to departmental silos! We get our offshore wind experts working on energy storage, our UK team working on French projects, our onshore wind specialists branching into solar. It keeps things fresh for us and, more importantly, spurs the creative cross-fertilisation of ideas which helps us deliver unique insights and value to our clients.
Top-notch mentorship: Most of the Everoze team have been in the renewables and energy business for well over a decade, and some of us have previously led large teams and business units. We are generous in sharing this experience by assigning you an internal mentor to help guide your professional development. We also have an in-house coach. And we hope that you can return the favour by offering feedback for us too, because whether you’ve got 3 months experience, or 30 years, we’ve all got more to learn.
Your work will be mainly technical and commercial consultancy services to solar project developers, lenders or operators in France, UK, Ireland, Spain, Portugal and other markets.
Specific activities will include:
- Carrying out energy production assessments using state-of-the-art simulation softwares;
- Contributing to technical and commercial due diligence;
- Managing multiple projects utilising internal and external resources;
- Reviewing operational project O&M reports and data analysis to assess performance and operational issues, risk quantification and mitigation identification;
- Supporting the delivery of strategic work;
- Carrying-out business development.
Everoze works across multiple technologies and there is potential to specialise in your areas of interest or to broaden expertise into different technologies: we encourage you to take ownership of your career.
We would like to hear from you if you meet the following requirements:
- You share our core beliefs of entrepreneurship, partnership and quality;
- You want to work in an open non-hierarchical environment;
- You are self-motivated and take charge in developing your career;
- You want to use your skills to change our energy system for the better.
Core technical skills and qualifications required for the role:
- MEng Engineering degree, or similar;
- One to three years or good first technical experience in solar PV sector, ideally within a consultancy;
- Detailed understanding of energy production assessments, resources databases and simulation tools;
Soft skills required for the position:
- Comfortable working on projects with evolving scopes, in the context of competing priorities;
- Able to manage concurrent & different tasks and prioritise work load;
- Comfortable working at pace and to tight deadlines;
- Good knowledge of Python, VBA and Machine Learning;
- Able to write clear, concise and accurate reports in English;
- Native/fluent in English and French.
- Strong organizational, networking & personal skills;
- Good knowledge of the technical due diligence process and competence for individual subject tasks;
- Field experience of solar projects (audits, construction monitoring);
- Able to carry out energy production assessments based on meteorological resources databases and state of the art simulation tools (e.g. PVSyst);
- Experience in other European and worldwide markets;
- Additional language skills.
We are a customer-centric business, therefore flexible-working and agile-thinking are crucial. It is important everyone at Everoze contributes to building the company’s capabilities in the rapidly changing energy market.
How to apply
Everoze embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
For this reason applications for this position are to be made exclusively through the Applied platform. You will be asked to answer a series of short questions designed to test that you have the skills that we are looking for. These will be reviewed anonymously, and the highest scoring applicants will be invited for interview.
To make an application please follow this link