Consultant: Onshore wind technical due diligence
Everoze is an employee-owned technical and commercial consultancy, specialising in renewables, storage and wider energy flexibility. We exist to help our clients accelerate the transition to a decarbonised energy system.
We’re excited to be hiring for an experienced technical due diligence consultant with a focus on the UK and Irish onshore wind sector. The position is open for one of our offices in the UK (Bristol, London or Fife) and we are also interested to hear from candidates based in Glasgow and Ireland.
Deadline for applications: 12 April 2020
Location: Bristol, London, Fife, Glasgow, Ireland
Start date: Flexible
Real impact at the cutting edge of energy: We work with some of the biggest brands in the sector and we’re regularly asked to share our thought leadership at the sector’s top conferences. You’ll be at the heart of this: conducting the analysis which informs our clients’ major investment and policy decisions;
A fast-growth environment: We set up shop with 6 partners in September 2015. Now we’re 55 strong and counting, based across the UK, France, Spain, Italy and Germany;
The flattest of flat organisations: Let’s be upfront: if you thrive on hierarchy and structure, Everoze isn’t the company for you. But if you are looking for a work environment where the strength of your ideas are valued as much as your years of experience, then welcome home. You’ll be given the freedom and autonomy to shape your own career; it’s not for everyone, and with freedom comes responsibility – but we sure enjoy the buzz of owning our own careers;
The team works: Goodbye departmental silos! We get our offshore wind experts working on energy storage, our UK team working on French projects, our onshore wind specialists branching into solar. It keeps things fresh for us and more importantly, spurs the creative cross-fertilisation of ideas which helps us deliver unique insights and value to our clients;
Top-notch mentorship: Most of us at Everoze have been in the renewables and energy business for well over a decade, and some of us have previously led large teams and business units. We’d love to share some of this experience, through assigning you an internal mentor to help guide your professional development. And we hope that you can return the favour by offering feedback for us too, because whether you’ve got 3 months experience, or 30 years, we’ve all got more to learn.
Innovation in due diligence: We have worked to innovate due diligence since the start of Everoze and our new online due diligence platform livediligence.com is the latest example. LiveDiligence helps us deliver our work faster and more clearly, and ultimately makes the due diligence less stressful and more enjoyable. Your days of struggling with clunky reports in Word and Excel could be numbered!
What you will be doing:
You will be advising developers, owners, investors, lenders and public bodies on onshore wind energy, through technical and commercial consultancy.
You will be focused on the UK and Irish markets – with the opportunity to work further afield depending on language ability.
Everoze works across multiple technologies and there is potential to specialize in your areas of interest or broaden expertise into different technologies and markets: we encourage you to take ownership of your career and to work cross-technology in our domains of interest.
Your work will be mainly consultancy services to wind project developers, operators, lenders or investors in the UK & Ireland. Specific activities will include:
- Technical and commercial due diligence for onshore projects – both as a project manager and in supporting roles;
- Construction and operational monitoring;
- Bespoke owner’s engineer services;
- Contract review and drafting support for typical renewable energy sector construction and operation contracts;
- Strategic work;
- Business development to build client relationships and win work;
- Managing multiple projects with internal and external resources;
- Ownership of budget and profitability of projects.
We would like to hear from you if you meet the following requirements:
- You share our core beliefs of entrepreneurship, partnership and quality;
- You are excited to work in an open non-hierarchical environment;
- You are self-motivated and will take advantage of the autonomy to shape your own career;
- You want to use your skills to change our energy system for the better.
Essential skills and qualifications
- MEng Engineering degree, or similar;
- More than 3 years of technical experience in onshore wind;
- Comfortable working on projects with evolving scopes, in the context of competing priorities;
- Experience in the technical due diligence process and competence for individual subject tasks;
- Experience of review of typical renewable energy sector construction and operation contracts;
- Capable of determining commercial implications of technical risks;
- Track record of developing and building lasting client relationships;
- Able to manage concurrent & different tasks and prioritise workload;
- Comfortable working at pace and to tight deadlines;
- Able to write clear, concise and accurate reports in English;
- Willingness to travel abroad, especially around Europe;
- Strong organizational, networking & personal skills;
- Native/fluent in English.
- Additional language skills;
- A background in a relevant engineering discipline including wind analysis, electrical, civil or turbine engineering;
- Track record in the onshore wind market in the UK and RoI;
- Experience in other renewable technologies or flexibility;
- Familiar in dealing with financial institutions;
- Strong network with developers or lenders in the UK and RoI markets;
- Experience of technology due diligence;
- Owners engineering and construction monitoring experience;
- Turbine inspection experience and RUK accredited climbing at height qualification.
This is an experienced consultant role, but we are willing to consider more junior consultants with exceptional track record and potential.
We are a customer-centric business, therefore flexible-working and agile-thinking are crucial. It is important everyone at Everoze contributes to building the company’s capabilities in the rapidly changing energy market.
Please send your CV and a covering letter that includes a clear confirmation of your right to live and work in the UK to firstname.lastname@example.org