SENIOR CONSULTANT – SOLAR AND WIND
Everoze is a technical and commercial energy consultancy, specialising in renewables, storage and flexibility. We work across geographies and technologies, for the private sector and for governments. We’re excited to be hiring for a new role within our team; this specific posting is for a senior consultant in the solar PV and wind sectors. The position is open for our office in Madrid.
You will be a senior solar and/or wind specialist within Everoze primarily providing a wide range of technical and commercial consultancy services to renewable energy project developers, investors, lenders or operators mainly in Spain and Portugal, but also supporting our other core markets in UK, France, Italy and Germany as well as other markets from time to time. Specific activities will include:
- Conducting technical and commercial due diligence – both as a project manager and in supporting roles;
- Managing owners engineering services such as initial due diligence, design review, construction monitoring and on-site testing;
- Managing operational monitoring services including reviewing operational project O&M reports, data analysis to assess performance and operational issues, risk quantification and mitigation identification;
- Managing multiple projects utilising internal and external resources and liaising with all parties;
- Performing contract review and drafting support for typical renewable energy sector contracts with particular attention to the technical schedules, including but not limited to: EPC, O&M, asset management, PPA and grid connection agreements;
- Carrying-out business development with existing and new clients and lead/support in the development/enhancement of new services, as well as driving the growth of Everoze in Spain and Portugal; and
- Supporting the delivery of strategic work.
There is potential to specialise in your areas of interest or to broaden expertise into different technologies: we encourage you to take ownership of your career.
We would like to hear from you if you meet the following requirements
- Values: You share our core beliefs of entrepreneurship, partnership and quality; and you want to use your skills to change our energy system for the better.
- Entrepreneurship and proactive: You want to find new solutions to real problems of our clients – and you want to develop our business in new directions as well as to work in an open non-hierarchical environment;
- Focus on the client: emphasise flexible work and agile thinking, understanding its importance in a market as volatile as energy;
- Curiosity / Desire to investigate: You like to question the aspects of a project from different perspectives in order to evaluate the risks and consequences for it.
Essential skills and qualifications
- MEng Engineering degree, or similar;
- More than 7 years of technical experience in relevant sector;
- Experience in managing technical due diligence process and competence for individual subject tasks;
- Direct project experience, ideally from a developer background managing relationship with various Contractors, Distributor, Investors, Technical Advisors, and also with good understanding of on-site works activities and their scheduling in particular in Spain and Portugal;
- Experience in contract review and drafting support for typical solar PV sector contracts with particular attention to the technical schedules, including but not limited to: EPC, O&M, asset management, PPA and grid connection agreements;
- Comfortable working on projects with evolving scopes, in the context of competing priorities;
- Capable of determining commercial implications of technical risks;
- Track record of developing and building lasting client relationships;
- Able to manage concurrent & different tasks and prioritise work load;
- Comfortable working at pace and to tight deadlines;
- Able to write clear, concise and accurate reports in English and Spanish;
- Native/fluent in English and Spanish.
- Strong organisational, networking & personal skills;
- Familiar in dealing with financial institutions;
- Commercial awareness with ability to dive into the detail when necessary;
- Generalist knowledge of all aspects of relevant sector and key development/operational risks;
- Experience in other European and worldwide markets;
- Additional language skills like Portuguese or Italian will be of added value.
We are willing to consider less experienced candidates with an exceptional track record and potential.
We are a customer-centric business, therefore flexible-working and agile-thinking are crucial. It is important everyone at Everoze contributes to building the company’s capabilities in the rapidly changing energy market.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date 26 August 2019.