Owner’s engineer for the Feeder Road battery storage project
Published January 2024
Thrive Renewables requested Everoze to provide owner’s engineering support during the detailed design, construction and commissioning phases of its 20MW, 1.5 hour Feeder Road BESS project in Bristol.
The Feeder Road project is now fully operational and providing trading and grid services. Everoze was able to provide responsive and dynamic support to Thrive as the project evolved to help identify risks or concerns and propose potential solutions or mitigations where they arose.
Tom Barratt, Investment Manager at Thrive said: “A big thank you to the Everoze team for all your help in getting Feeder into operations. I realise you’ve gone beyond the call of duty at times, but it has been so helpful in pushing the project forwards in a positive way. It is a significant milestone for Thrive!”
Everoze provided a wide range of techno-contractual support right from strategic planning and concept design all the way to support and certification at the end of commissioning, working closely with Thrive and its contractors all the way through the process:
- Support during initial strategy planning and concept design
- Producing employer’s requirements
- Detailed design reviews across civils, electrical and auxiliary system design
- Capacity market support (including ITE reports)
- Construction monitoring and snagging support
- Ad-hoc technical and contractual support during commissioning and troubleshooting
- Commissioning test reviews and analysis
- ITE certificates for Dynamic Containment, Moderation and Regulation (DC, DM & DR)
Being involved with the project from the outset of design, all the way through to final commissioning enabled us to get deeply involved as it progressed, to develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the project through the design and build phases and to guide our Client through some of the challenges which arose. We are particularly proud of the support we provided to Thrive through the commissioning phase, along with our early support around the design of battery foundations for a project on very weak soils.
We have greatly enjoyed working with the friendly and professional people at Thrive on this project, as well as with the various contractors, and have a particular affinity to this project due to its location close to our Bristol office!