Senior Solar PV Consultant (Technical Due Diligence)
We’re excited to be hiring an experienced renewable energy consultant with a focus on the UK PV sector. You will be joining a growing and dynamic international team which is already well established with an abundance of solar experience in Europe and an ambition to expand into other emerging markets.
Salary: A competitive basic salary related to your experience, plus pension scheme, annual profit share and route into company ownership.
Deadline for applications: 4th March 2024.
Location: Bristol/ Brighton/Glasgow office with hybrid remote working.
Hours: Normal office hours with a healthy level of flexibility. Preference for 5 days per week but will consider candidates who would prefer part-time with a minimum of 4 days per week.
Everoze is different
We’re more than just a technical and commercial consultancy, specialising in renewables, storage, green hydrogen and wider energy flexibility. We live our values. We’re passionate about accelerating the transition to a decarbonised energy system. We have no bosses or formal hierarchy. We are free to pursue opportunities that deliver our strategy. We take ownership of our own development and support one another along the way. Our pay is transparent and set by our peers. We, the employees, own the company and we share a portion of our profits equally. We believe that a strong and healthy work life needs a strong and healthy home life. We encourage flexible working practices for all to be there for the kids’ swim lessons, a favourite hobby, or learning new skills.
We’re OK with being different. Everoze isn’t for everyone. But it might just be for you… Find out more on our webpage
You will be a senior solar specialist within Everoze, primarily providing a wide range of technical and commercial consultancy services to solar project developers, investors, lenders or operators mainly in the UK & Ireland, but also supporting our other core markets in France, Spain, Portugal, and Germany as well as other markets from time to time. Specific activities will include:
- Conducting technical and commercial due diligence;
- Undertaking site inspections;
- Performance calculation and verification of plant completeness;
- Managing operational monitoring services;
- Managing multiple projects utilising internal and external resources;
- Performing contract review and drafting support for typical solar PV sector contracts;
- Business development; and
- Developing and mentoring junior consultants.
Everoze works across multiple technologies and there is potential to specialise in your areas of interest or to broaden your expertise: We encourage you to take ownership of your career.
We would like to hear from you if you meet the following requirements
We are looking for someone who is motivated to take the next step in their renewables consulting career by building on their experience and network to become a highly recognised renewable energy consultant with a reputation for delivering high quality work, meeting client expectations and a strong techno/commercial understanding of projects.
We understand that some great applicants may not excel across all of the below criteria. We are willing to support people who have a great fit with the Everoze culture, who are passionate about what we do, and who have great strengths in a sub-set of the above fields. If you love the role and can demonstrate your ability to apply your strengths and adapt to new fields, we encourage you to apply.
- You share our core beliefs of entrepreneurship, partnership and quality;
- You are self-motivated and will take advantage of the autonomy to shape your own career;
- You want to use your skills to change our energy system for the better.
Essential skills and qualifications
- MEng Engineering degree, or similar;
- Deep technical and commercial knowledge of design, construction and operation of solar PV plants;
- On-site experience assessing the performance of a large number of utility scale and/or rooftop projects within the UK (EPC or O&M provider background is a bonus);
- Experience in:
- managing technical due diligence transactions for owners and lenders for utility-scale ground-mounted and rooftop solar PV plant plus domestic rooftop portfolios;
- managing and performing PAC / IAC / FAC and wider operational monitoring;
- contract review and drafting support for typical solar PV sector contracts with particular attention to the technical schedules, including but not limited to: EPC, O&M, asset management, PPA and grid connection agreements.
- Experience of senior management and training/mentoring junior colleagues.
Soft skills required for the position
- Comfortable working on projects with evolving scopes, in the context of competing priorities and managing client deadlines;
- Capable of determining commercial implications of technical risks;
- Track record of developing and building lasting client relationships; and
- Able to write clear, concise and accurate reports in English.
Nice-to-haves, but not essential
- Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) experience and understanding of solar PV colocation;
- Ability to carry out Energy Production Assessments (EPAs) based on meteorological resources databases and simulation tools (e.g. PVSyst);
- Electrical engineering background;
- Experience in:
- other European and worldwide markets;
- other renewable technologies (Hybridization, Hydrogen) or flexibility;
- owner’s engineering, construction monitoring or asset management;
- Additional language skills (desirable: Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Italian).
How to apply
Everoze embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. For this reason we only accept applications through the BeApplied platform which is designed to avoid unconscious bias. You will be asked to answer 3-5 short questions designed to give you the opportunity to demonstrate the core skills we are looking for. We’d like to get to know the real you, not the AI version so please refer to personal experience/examples where possible. These will be reviewed anonymously, before reviewing your CV, your details or even your name, and the highest scoring applicants will be invited for interview.
To make an application please follow this link